Tuesday, December 4, 2007

You can't possibly be that ignorant...

As you know, (if you checked my profile) I'm from Detroit Michigan. Well, I'm not really from Detroit, but I do live 6 blocks from the border. I live in a mostly black city, (about 60/40) and I have friends and regular customers that are black....I don't like the 'N' word. (I'm white, not that that matters.)

Anyway.....This short fat white guy walks in the door tonight. Hes got a shaved head, Dickies that are covered in paint, and a flight jacket. I didn't think anything of if at first, Ive got a few guys that come in that look like that.

So, he orders a Budweiser, hands me 3 singles, and waits for his 50 cents.. *sigh* He starts bitching about the night club down the street. "Man! That mothafuckah down there just punched me in the head for no reason!" I ignore it. "Yea! It was the mothafuckin bouncer down there! I just felt him hittin me in the head, and I didn't do nothin to deserve it!"

Last I checked, you don't get an ass beating for no reason at that place. The other bar that's down the street, thats a different story.

I'll make an 'other bars in the neighborhood' post some other day.

He grabs his cell phone. "I gotta make a call to my boy, that bouncer is a dead mothafucka."

So now I have to eavesdrop...just a little...

"Yo dawg! We gotta meet up somewhere! I gotta problem. Yea, that mothafucka down at that jigga bar just punched me in the head for no reason and I wanna take care of his ass!" I know heard jigga, but I knew what was being implied.

I didn't think anything of it until I saw the look on Big D's face. Oh snap.

Big D is in his late 30's (I'm guessing) 6'3" 200+ pounds....He is a very big black man. I've never seen him get that look before. He has a bit of a southern drawl, I can't really explain how he talks, but he pauses alot, and..well, you would have to hear it, it's unexplainable.

"Uhhh....Bella, I know I'm not usually here this late, but uhhhh...how often does that man come in here?"

"D, I've never seen him before."

"Ok....good.....cause...uhhh......well....ya know." I nod. "Yeah, hes kind of an ass. Have a good evening sweetie."

"Well, its workin up to be that way.......Did he say what I think he said??"

"D, I heard what he said, It's not exactly what you think. He said 'jigga' not the other word." I knew what the asshole meant, I just didn't want a big fight at the end of the night.

"Bella, I've been around, I've been around awhile, I know what he means. Don't play wit me. I know you know......" Yeah, I know.

"I don't mean no disrespect bro!" The a-hole yells from across the bar.

Big D just looks at him, and gives me the 'are you kidding me?!?' look.

"Yo Bella, I'll just see you Thursday...I'm not doin' this shit tonight.....I just...I...MAN....See ya Thursday girl" Big D just walks out the door shaking his head in disbelief.

He has never had a problem in my place and it made me feel bad that this ass came in. Detroit is so segregated (by choice) and its really nice when you can get a mix of races in one place just having fun. It was just.... It was fucked up. Ive NEVER had this happen before tonight.

As soon as Big D leaves, this asshole starts up again how he got punched in the head by a bouncer down the street. "Man! I didn't even do anything! That N****R just started punchin me! For no reason! Fuck that N****r!"
Ok. Now I am done. "YOU SAY THAT WORD ONE MORE FUCKING TIME WERE GONNA HAVE A PROBLEM!"

He stops... ahhhh....silence.

But 2 minutes later he starts again with words I would feel guilty about typing. Lets just say... take the 'N word' replace 'ger' with 'lets' for an example. "YOU! GO! NOW! Don't EVER think about coming back!" I can't guarantee his safety if he comes back. I know that sounds bad, but I can't control what people do outside my doors.

He gets this puzzled look on his face, he can't figure out what he did wrong. "Just go" I say.

He calls me a stupid fucking bitch and leaves.

I know should have thrown him out after the 'jigga' comment, but I didn't. My bad.

Ive been drinking.....if this doesn't make sense, sorry...

No comments: